Friday, January 8, 2010

Wedding Invitations for Shaun and Shell


Hi All!

Yes, I know its been a looooooong time since I last updated the blog but I plan to be back for good now!

Let's get started with my most recent creation. Well actually it was a joint effort with my friend Monica - these are invitations for her son's upcoming wedding. They had the colours already in mind and wanted something simple and elegant and here's what we came up with:

We stamped the rose in Versamark and embossed with Gold Powder. The card is standard size but we sliced about 1cm off the edge and adhere a strip of gold paper that had been punched with the Eyelet Border Punch. This lines up with the edge of the card when its closed.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Sincere Salutations
Inks: Versamark
Paper: Textured White cardstock and gold paper (not from Stampin Up)
Accessories: Gold Ribbon (not from Stampin Up), Gold Embossing Powder
Tools: Heat Tool, Eyelet Border Punch

Well, there you go, my first blog post in many months but hopefully the start of a more regularly updated blog. I also have a new camera (Canon G11) so it will be interesting to learn how to get some nice shots on it and hopefully you will notice the difference as I start to improve my photography skills.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Years. I'll be back tomorrow with some shots of the lovely hand made Christmas Cards I received this year. They are really great and I was so impressed with so many of them!


No comments: