Sunday, April 19, 2015

Mother's Day Flower Pot Card

Here's my Mother's Day design for this year - a flower pot card! These cute flower pots were all the rage a few years ago but I never actually made one.  This year I finally got around to figuring it out.  They are actually super easy to make.  I did a web search for "flower pot card tutorials" and after looking at a few, I changed the measurements a bit to suit me and also to have it fit inside the Australian sized C6 envelopes we carry.



I've used the 2013-2015 In Colours which are about to retire.  Baked Brown Sugar is the flower pot base and the other four colours are in the flowers and leaves.  I also created a matching Petite Purse using the big shot die.

The measurements of the flowerpot base is 9 1/2" x 4".  Turn to landscape position and 
score at 1 1/2", then again at 5 1/2".  
Fold the smaller flap forward and the bigger part in the opposite direction to create the flowerpot.  Use the paper trimmer to cut off about 1 cm on the diagonal to create the shape.
The insert is 3" x 4 3/4"and the flowers are attached with dimensionals at the top so they sit nicely on the outside of the flowerpot rather than disappearing into it.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't Forget to Wish you dear one's on their Birthday, For Best and Unique Happy Birthday Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Ideas, Cards and Songs, Visit the following site. These sites are the best during my two years online experience, don't forget to say thanks.

Happy Birthday

Birthday Wishes

Birthday Quotes

Happy Birthday messages

Happy Birthday Images

Happy Birthday Cake

Birthday Ideas

Happy Birthday Gifts

Happy Birthday Cards

Birthday Funny