Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Carousel Notes Wedding Card

The Carousel Notes are a new product from the Summer Mini catalogue. They are single sheets of scalloped cardstock. At first I wasn't quite sure what to do with them but then I came up with this:

I applied rub ons from the "Love Bird" set (in the Summer Mini).  The are a great fit for the Carousel Notes.  I also sponged the edges lightly with Soft Sky ink.  Doesn't really show in this photo.

I cut a cirlce (but not completely, I left a bit uncut on one side) with the Colluzzle Circle Cutter. This is a circle cutting system I purchased from a Scrapbooking shop but you could use any circle cutting system that allows you to leave a small bit uncut.  You could even trace around something with a craft knife.

I cut another circle, slightly larger, from Whisper White cardstock and adhered it to the back so that I would have a space to write on.  I stamped the dotted journalling lines from the stamp in the "Live Your Dream" stamp set in Soft Sky ink and wrote my message with my Chocolate Chip marker.  I cut a notch out with a small circle punch to make it easier to open the card.

The couple getting married had organised a Wishing Well instead of gifts so I cut another circle from the "Afternoon Tea" DSP to make a pocket for a gift card to go in the back.

The envelopes that come with the Carousel Notes are gorgeous square Chocolate Chip coloured ones.  I decorated the envelope very simply with the word Cherish from the "Cherished Memories" rub ons and a flower from the "Love Birds" rub ons.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Website dramas

Hi all,

Well I have had some dramas accessing the Stampin' Up! website over the last week or so, hence the lack of links in my newsletter (which will all be fixed up now!).

But it is all fixed now!  After lots of phone calls to my ISP they finally figured out a solution for me! Yay!  If you are someone who is also having trouble loading the Stampin' Up! website, please contact me and I'll let you know the process we went through.  Basically it had to do with changing something in our proxy settings and now it all works!