Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sweet baby girl


This card was made for my friend Carmel and her family. I know Carmel from my mothers group and she now has a new baby as well as an 18 month old. I whipped this one up fairly quickly but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I would have like to try the Paisley background stamp on it but I didn't have time to borrow it from Mum! So I used the little paisley stamp from the Polka Dots & Paisley set. This set is only available until the end of November in the Spring Mini Catalogue.

The elephant was stamped again on a spare piece of white so I could cut out the ear and stick it on top of the main image to give a 3D feel. The flower was inked with Certainly Celery and Regal Rose. The Certainly Celery layer has faux stitching. This involves piercing all around the edge and joining the holes with a white gel pen. (Easier for me than dragging out the actual sewing machine which is hidden away in the garage somewhere!)

Stamps: Wild About You, Polka Dots & Paisley, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Inks: Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Acessories: Soft Subtles Brads, White Gel Pen
Tools: Paper Piercer and Mat pack, Large and Small Oval Punches

No comments: