Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dad's Birthday

It's my dad's birthday today so I took the opportunity at my last Open Stamp Night to make him a card. (I don't get a lot of stamping time at the moment, as you probably know!)
For this card I started with the Designer Paper - Jesrsey Shore.  I chose a piece of it and then took my colour scheme from there. (Brilliant Blue, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White)

The stamp I used is from a "retired" set from the Sale-a-bration catalogue called "Birthday Whimsy".  I inked it with my Wild Wasabi inkpad and then removed ink from the candles and plate with a cotton bud and stmapin' mist.  Then I re-coloured whose areas with a Brilliant Blue marker and Pumkin Pie marker.
The sentiment is from the Cheer and Wishes stamp set.
The brads are from the Bold Brights selection.  I probably would use the brads differently if I did it over again.  Maybe one in each corner of the main image section or something like that...

No comments: