Monday, July 21, 2008

Sympathy card


I recently had cause to make a sympathy card for my sister to give to a close friend of hers.
Interestingly, I didn't have ANY stamps at all that actually said "with sympathy" or anything similar so I decided to just have a card with no sentiment on it.

I used a flower from the "Oh So Lovely" hostess set.  I stamped the background rectangle in Soft Sky on Very Vanilla cardstock, then stamped the flower image over the top in Versamark and embossed it in Silver.

The layer under the main image is Soft Sky cardstock and the card base is Chocolate Chip.  Before mounting the main image onto the card base (with Dimensionals), I stamped the top half on the flower image in Versamark ink all over the card base to create a background.

I was so pleased with this simple card that I re-created it again so I would have a copy for myself.  Of course, it doesn't have to be a sympathy card - it could be for any occasional really. I think I would like to re-create it again in some different colour combinations too.

No comments: