Sunday, September 14, 2008

Free-standing Pop-up Cards

Now I know some of you have been waiting ever-so-patiently for this, so here we go!

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, we made these cards at a workshop on Friday night and I promised the ladies who attended that I would put them on the blog with all the measurements.

I have adapted THIS tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com to work with our A4 paper and metric measurements. When folded up it fits into our standard C6 envelopes!


So the new measurements are:

Base = 1/2 A4 sheet cut lengthways (29.7cm x 10.5cm)
Tag = 13.5cm x 6.5cm
Tag mat = 14cm x 7cm

Score base at = 2.4, 7.4, 9.8, 14.8, 19.8, 22.2, 27.2

For anyone who hasn't had a go at making these yet, just follow the tutorial on Splitcoast (see link above) but change the measurements to those I have provided just here.

If you are wondering about the recipe for the cards in this post, here they are:

Stamps: Garden Whimsy, So Swirly jumbo wheel
Inks: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Papers: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon, Jumbo eyelets (pewter)
Tools: Fiskars paper trimmer with scoring blade, crop-a-dile, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, scallop circle punch

Stamps: Simply Said, Scatter Sunshine jumbo wheel
Inks: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence (and marker), Green Galore (and marker)
Papers: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White
Accessories: Black Gingham ribbon, Jumbo eyelets (pewter)
Tools: Fiskars paper trimmer with scoring blade, crop-a-dile, oval punch

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

These are terrific, thanks for the tutorial.
Deanne
xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bec for showing us how to make these, and for converting them to fit to A4! Also for the lovely one that I got to keep xo
I showed some of my ladies who come to my workshops and they can't wait for me to teach it to them!
xoxo