Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hawaii Grand Vacation Blog Hop


Welcome to our Grand Vacation Hawaii Achievers Blog Hop! You may have landed here from Renee Kohnke.

This is my first ever Blog Hop so I'd love you to leave me a comment to let me know if you are visiting me for the first time :-)

I actually struggled  a bit to come up with something "Hawaii themed".... All I could think of was a fantastically perfect stamp set we had in our catalogue about 5 years ago called "Tropical Party" - it would have been ideal! But we don't have that anymore so I had to think of something else...

A punch art hula dancer was one thought I had but punch art is not really my forte and I didn't want to just copy someone else's clever idea.

Finally it dawned on me - carve my own stamps!! Yes!  I love the Undefined Carving Kit. Its just the perfect thing when you can't find a stamp to suit what you want.

I carved this hibiscus stamp because the hibiscus flower is one of the first thing that pops to my mind when I think of a tropical location like Hawaii.

Earning the Stampin' Up! Hawaii Grand Vacation was a big task for me and I couldn't have done it without the help and support of so many of my customers, friends, team members and family. I realised I'm going to need some thank you cards to thank some of those key people for their help. So here's what I came up with using my new hibiscus stamp:

I used the same stamp for the background as well as the focal point image.  I've sponged the coordinating inks around the edges of the card stock to create some depth and definition.
I hope you liked my card and stamp :-)  Enjoy the rest of the blog hop!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




27 comments:

Petra said...

This is amazing! Great carving!

annieinegypt travelling the world said...

Congratulations Bec. Love your card. Enjoy your break. See you next week. Ann Lewis

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely AWESOME!! So creative! I love what you did here.

Norelle said...

Hi Bec. First time I've seen your blog. Great card. You won't want to come home after your Hawaiian vacation/fact finding trip.

Patty Bennett said...

Awesome job on the carving!!!!!!

stampingshanni said...

Such a great card and amazing carving on the undefined kit - you rocked it Bec! Tropical colours and splash of white is brilliant. Thanks for being part of the blog hop!
Cheers
Shanni

janet wakeland said...

Ok now I feel inspired to carve my o wn stamp. You did an amazing job.

Zena said...

Great carving Bec, love how simle the card is, but nails it and congratulations on making it to Grand Vacation.

Marlene said...

love the card, LOVE the stamp!

Sandi MacIver said...

look at you with your very own awesome stamp, and the most adorable card.....Love it...

Connie Stewart said...

I bow to you. I am terrified to cut that rubber but your flower is incredible! So so pretty!

Alisa said...

AWESOME carving. I thought about it, but went with the punch art hula girl instead ;)

stamphappy said...

Wow! You're so talented to create your own image!! Nicely done!

Ann Craig said...

Love this card Bec. I adore carving and you've inspired me to do more. Your image is beautiful and looks perfect on the card.

ness said...

How clever are you?! Taking stamp carving to a whole new level there Bec! LOVE your card and the way you've used the same stamp for the back ground as well as the main image.....just gorgeous! Looking forward to catching up IRL with you lots next monthxxx

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

I have to admit... i've never truly mastered the art of stamp carving.. BUT... this is a fantastic stamp!!!! And the card is perfect!

Brian King said...

Wow, Bec! I'm impressed by this carved stamp. Quite beautiful! The finished card is gorgeous.

Alison asolven said...

What an amazing job of carving your own stamp. I love the simplicity of your card. Just lovely. Looking foRward to meeting you in Hawaii.

Louise Sharp said...

Nailed it! Your carving is amazing and I even though this card is by no means simple, I love the simplicity of it. So bright and vibrate, yet so clean. Love it! See you next week at convention. Louise xo

Heather said...

thanks for sharing this, it's fabulous!, have an amazing time in Hawaii:)

Barb said...

Super card and your carving skills are the bomb!!! See you soon!

Marelle Taylor said...

Awesome carving job! ...and great minds on the hibiscus!

Dawn Griffith said...

You totally rocked the craving kit . Love your flower . See you soon
Hugs
Dawn Griffith

Anonymous said...

Love it and love how you created your stamp. Way to go Hawaiian

Stampin' Dolce said...

so beautiful! stamp carving is not something I have a skill set for! Way to go! This is perfect!

Lisa Eaton said...

I'm always in awe of the stamps carved from undefined, this is just awesome!

HintertaunusKreativ said...

Oh, I have to carve a hibiscus!!!! Thank you!!!