Saturday, May 17, 2008

My In-Colour Baby Thank You Cards

The In-Colour range in this year's catalogue is just gorgeous! I decided to use the 2 shades of blue for the thank you cards I would send to people who gave us gifts for Owen.  Luckily I got these made BEFORE I had Owen - I sure don't have time to stamp anything much at the moment!

These cards are ALMOST 10cm x 10cm.  If you cut your A4 cardstock into 3 strips of 9.9cm x 19.8cm you will be able to make 3 cards from 1 A4 sheet.  The cards are then 9.9cm x 9.9cm when folded.  It's a great size for thank you cards and very economical as you are getting 3 cards from the 1 sheet.
I've used Blue Bayou for the card base and Soft Sky for the scallop circle.  I stamped the giraffe image from the Bundle Of Joy stamp set in Blue Bayou ink onto Whisper White cardstock and coloured parts of it with a blender pen and ink from my Soft Sky ink pad.  You simply squeeze the pad gently while it is closed and a little puddle of ink will be left on the inside of the lid.  You pick up this ink with your blender pen and use it like a marker to colour in.

The giraffe was punched out with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch, adhered to a 1 3/8 inch cirlce of Blue Bayou and then adhered to the scallop circle.  I then used dimensionals to adhere it to the card base.  
Oh, before I did any of that, I stamped a background all over the card base with Blue Bayou ink.

I used the Soft Sky double stitched grosgrain
 ribbon across the bottom part of the card. It is adhered with glue dots and SNAIL adhesive.

Inside the card I have adhered 2 9cm x 9cm Whisper White squares.  I stamped the announcement stamp in Blue Bayou and the giraffe on the bottom piece with Soft Sky ink.
I was starting to run out of Blue Bayou cardstock (because I'd only ordered assorted packs of in-colour cardstock) so I made some more cards using Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue.  Here's how that looks:  

No comments: