Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sometimes I just 'crack' myself up!

Well, I wasn't sure if I would offend anyone by posting this card on my blog - hopefully not!  If you are offended, please blame my mother as she encouraged me to put it on here! LOL!

For Mother's Day, my siblings and I decided to have a little photo shoot with my hubby playing photographer so that we could give Mum a much needed up-to-date photo of us.  The last one taken is about 10 years old now!

Anyhow, whilst we were playing around on our photo shoot we decided to take this picture of us all bending over because it has become a bit of an on-going joke in our family about being able to see someone's 'crack' when they bend over with low rider jeans on, especially my two sisters!


On the inside of the card we wrote "We hope this Mother's Day is all it's 'cracked' up to be!"
Mum had a really good laugh when she saw it and even thinks we should frame the photo and hang it in the bar! 

(I'm not going to tell you which behind is mine!)

Making this card was really easy.  I simply printed out the photo and cut it so that it had a white border around it.  Before I adhered to photo to the upper part of the card front, I rubbed the Embossing Buddy all over the cardstock to prevent the embossing powder sticking where I didn't want it to stick.  I then stamped the sentiment in White Craft Ink and embossed it with the White embossing powder.  Easy!  

The reason I did the embossing before putting the photo onto the card is that the heat from the heat tool can warp the paper and I didn't want it to damage the photo.

As for the writing inside the card, I used my White Gel Pen which looks really great when writing inside cards made from black or dark colours of cardstock.  

Stamps: Occasional Greetings (happy mother's day stamp)
Inks: Whisper White Craft Ink
Paper: Basic Black
Accessories: White Embossing Powder
Tools: Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool

3 comments:

Marie said...

LOL that is hilarious! Thanks for sharing...I needed that laugh this morning!

Anonymous said...

HEHEHEE...LMAO (Laughing My A... Off)... Literally!!! That is such a great card!!! I love it... well done Bec.... You're such and inspiration!!!!

KT said...

Your mom sounds like a keeper who can appreciate a good laugh! How wonderful to have sisters,too, who enjoyed making a one-of-a-kind card like this one!!