Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Best Birthday Present Ever!!! The Scrapbox!!!

I am just sooo excited!  It's my birthday this Sunday 13th July and my wonderful husband gave me my birthday present early.  It's a big birthday (turning 30) so he decided I needed a big present.  The Scrapbox!

I had seen these online but at that stage they were only available in the U.S.A.  Then recently I saw them at a papercraft expo.  I went home and told hubby about it, expecting him to not be interested BUT he could see the value in having all my stuff in one place, at my fingertips, a place for everything and everything in it's place.  So he said "Let's get it for your birthday"  Whoo Hoo!

It arrived last week and we spent a few days putting it together (we don't get much uninterrupted time these days with 2 kids!) and now it is done.

I have labeled all the totes and put everything into them.
On the far left and right are velcro boards.  I plan on using one side for displays and the other for storage.  My paper trimmer fits nicely into one of the long clear velcro-on bags.
The large totes on the left hold all my stamp sets.  The skinny totes beside them hold punches, wheel handles, wheel guide etc.
The 12x12 totes in the centre hold 12x12 papers, scrapping kits, A4 papers, and the 2 closest to the bottom hold my markers and scissors.

I took out some of the shelves so I could fit my ink pad caddy in there.

On the right hand side, the skinny totes hold everything from buttons, brads, eyelets and embossing powders to sanding blocks, sponges, daubers and twine.
The wider totes on the right hold all kinds of things - hodge podge hardware, pretties kit, ribbon spools (although Heather from Scrapbox Australia is getting me a special ribbon tote soon), adhesives, watercolour crayons, brayer and so much more.

The table folds away and there is even a little bit of storage room under there.  I need to get a bin for under that space.

Here's how it looks all closed up. It even has locks on the top to keep the kids out - perfect!
If you want more info on the Scrapbox, leave me a comment and I'll pass Heather's details on to you.  She is getting more of these into the country in September.  Mine is the Vanilla but she will be getting the black ones and possibly the wood finish ones too.

Love it, love it, love it!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this is fantastic. Please send Heather's details to me. This is just what I need to store all my crap, oops that should be stuff in. My email address is jo@maximpact.com.au

Thanks

Anonymous said...

You LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY Girl!!!!! It's my birthday on July 19 and hubby has hidden my pressie in the cupboard! I know what it is coz I ordered it! though it is nothing compared to that! WOW. I am just going to have to show him your post and batt the ole eyelids! (not that it will work) Happy Birthday for the 13th fellow Cancerian!!

Caroline
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Bec, WOW!!!!!!That is fantastic. It is of course JUWST WHAT I NEED. Coild you please send me Heathers details.
erangy1797@bigpond.com
Tanya

Leonie Schroder said...

Oh Bec thats awesome and i was wondering how they'd go with all the stamping gear too. Can you email me the details to leonie@totallyaddinktive.com .. thanks oh and Happy 30th Birthday ;0)

Anonymous said...

I would love to get more info about the Scrapbox! I can't seem to find anything online about it. Congrats on receiving such a wonderful birthday present! It looks great and very organized!
nicolet380@hotmail.com

linkedtopaper said...

Hi Bec and a very happy birthday to you, I'm so impressd with your wonderful Scrapbox and would love some more info on it please. Here is my e-mail address: charmaineblck@yahoo.com.au Thankyou and lots of inky hugs from Charmaine in WA :-)

Laura said...

OMG! I so envious I would love one of those. Dare I ask how much it was? This would decide if I could even consider it. would love some info. Thanks. purple1@chariot.net.au

maiahs_momma said...

Am interested in the info for the scrapbox please :)! Looks great :), have fun with it :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
catlevy@eastlink.ca

katemade designs said...

OMG this is freakin' awesome. I wish I could have one but I have no room in the room of (s)crap.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Gail Kirby said...

Hi Bec,

Happy Birthday! Could you pass my details onto Heather too please,
kirbygail@hotmail.com

Thanks

Gail

PS - just knew Jo and Leonie would be asking for details too LOL!

Anonymous said...

Would love more info on this great storage space. Lucky you!!
Please pass on my email addy to Heather. Thanks.
Sonia
matthewsonia@optusnet.com.au

Alex Hughes said...

This looks fabulous! Can I have Heather's details too? Would love to know how much these are.

Happy Birthday!

Bye,
Alex

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!

I'd love Heather's details too please Bec.

Are the actual drawer inserts made out of fabric? Are they sturdy?

I can't work out how it all folds together back into the cupboard.. is it more than opening the doors? not sure if you will know whwat I mean!

andrea.eppingstall@gmail.com

Andrea :)

Risa said...

Your Scrapbox is an awesome birthday present!
Perfect for all of our odds and ends and I love the fact that it hides everything when the doors are closed. Did a take a long time to put together?

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! Matt has sure scored himself some serious brownie points with that present!!!

Mel

Anonymous said...

I also would love a scrapbox for my birthday and Xmas could you send me Heathers details please. I'm not sure this is still current, but anyway I'm giving it a try. Email - dal89628@bigpond.net.au

Anonymous said...

I have only just discovered this awesome storage system. Would you know if someone still imports them to Australia? My email kayleen_272@hotmail.com