Sunday, September 29, 2013

Card Folio, again

I've probably posted these card folios on my blog before but certainly not in the last couple of years. So here it is again :-)

My Nanna's birthday is this week and I know she doesn't want any more "stuff" to clutter up her little unit so a set of handmade cards are a great idea I think!  A practical gift that she can use and it won't create any clutter.

In order to make the cards look like more of a gift, they needed a bit of packaging, hence my little folio.  My mum and I came up with these folios a few years ago - we wanted one that could be made from a single sheet of A4 card stock, rather than 12x12.  

The cards inside were made using the "Backyard Basics" stamp set and matching Framelit dies to cut them out. I stamped them in Staz-On ink onto watercolour paper and coloured with markers and an Aquapainter.  I've also used the "Beautifully Baroque" embossing folder in the background.

If you'd like more information about how to make the card folios, please let me know and I just might do up a little photo tutorial in the next few days :-)




1 comment:

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

This is fantastic, Bec. Such a great idea and those cards inside are neat. Very nicely presented for a gift.