Thursday, June 26, 2008

Colour Challenge attempt number 2

So...I wasn't very happy with my first attempt.  I decided to quickly take it apart and see what else I could do with it.  The kids are asleep so I just had to take advantage of my little bit of free time!

I pulled out the rub-ons which I hadn't even opened yet!  I applied a nice background to the card with that.  Then I mounted another piece of River Rock behind the word windo
w cut-out and applied a rub-on sentiment in there.  I put the flowers and ribbon back on and now I'm MUCH happier with this card.  It really needed that white.

So I go to take a photo and the good camera won't take a picture for me!  I only know how to use it on full auto (hubby is the better photographer) and yes, the lens cap is off - but it still won't take a pic.  I had to pull out the little camera - it will do.

Here is the new, improved card:

Edited to add: Ok, I figured out why the camera wouldn't take a picture - I was too close to the card.  Apparently I needed to be further back and just use the zoom - doh! Oh well, at least I know now...

10 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

This is really Lovely Bec.

Sarah

Carol Dunstan said...

This is indeed lovely, well worth the effort to redo (the natural light helps too :-) )

Diane Barnes said...

This looks very pretty Rebecca. I especially like the rub-ons & the punched window. Very nice. Best wishes, Di

Tegan said...

Your first attempt was nice too-but I definitely prefer your 2nd attempt because the rub on's take the blank-ness away from the solid CS. Great job!!!

Traveling Mama said...

I thought the first one was great, but I do love the swirls you added. Nice touch!

Anonymous said...

That white detailing really makes it. TFS, Amy.

Becky said...

I like BOTH the cards...I don't see why you didn't so much like the first one...I did. But I also like this one. I think it's the card itself I like.

Anonymous said...

beautiful Bec....love the elegance of it! Donna

Mary said...

I love the background you added. It looks great!

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

This is the first time on your blog and your efforts to remodel the card made a real difference. Will be coming back to visit in the future.