Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Colour Challenge

This is the first time I have tried a colour challenge.  I really think I could have done a LOT better but I did this one in about 15 minutes after the kids went to bed and the washing up was done etc etc etc...  I would have liked to stay up late to do some more but sleep is precious in our house at the moment!

If you haven't seen her blog already, Kristina Werner is worth checking out.  She regularly posts these colour challenges and this week's is:


And here is my first effort.  I would like to say I'll have another go at it tomorrow but I know I probably won't get any time.  I'll certainly be having a go at next week's though!


I coloured some flowers from my new Pretties Kit.  The large one was coloured with ink from the Purely Pomegranate reinker and Aquapainter and the smaller one was coloured with the Regal Rose marker.  The centre is a rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit.

The card base is textured River Rock and the ribbon is Wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain.  

I used the Word Window punch in the bottom left corner and stamped the sentiment in Regal Rose ink.

It was only after checking back at Kristina's blog that I realised I had not used all the colours - no Whisper White!  (Unless you count the white stitching in the ribbon I guess) So I don't know if this card even qualifies for the challenge now.  Never mind.  I still had fun making it!

Apologies for the bad lighting - I knew I would most likely not get time to take a photo in the daylight tomorrow so I settled for taking one tonight.  The camera just did not like the overhead lighting in my kitchen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Nice, I like it great job!
Kristy.
P.s I never take good pics of my cards heheheh

Karla said...

Nice card. it looks great!

Becky said...

I would have never thought to do that...it's wonderful!

Creative Escape said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!

You are all the way in Australia, WOW!! I have always wanted to visit. It is so beautiful there (at least the pics that I have seen).

I love K Werner's Blog. My fav is her MACM, I look forward to her little videos every week.

Happy Stamping!

Hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Really nice, you have managed to use of the colours but in a very simple design.