Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baja Breeze - how do YOU pronounce it?


Another CASE from the new catalogue:

I don't have the "Friends 24-7" set so I used "Echoes of Kindness" which is a Level 2 Hostess Set (which I borrowed from Bell) instead.

I also don't have any of the new Designer Papers yet so instead I stamped the "En Fancais" background stamp on the lower half of the card.

Of course, if I don't have the papers I also don't have the new ribbons yet either! So I subsitituted some Whisper White tafetta for the Baja Breeze ribbon.

I really love this new Baja Breeze colour! I have heard a few interesting ways of pronouncing Baja already...how do YOU pronounce it? I say "Ba-ha" since I figure it is a place in Mexico and in the Spanish language the letter J sounds like the English letter H. Leave me a comment if you agree/disagree.


Stamps: Echoes of Kindness, En Francais
Ink: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Staz-On Black
Paper: Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Watercolour paper
Accessories: Whisper White Tafetta ribbon
Tools: Aquapainter

5 comments:

Zarna said...

Bar-har when I say it but Bar-jar when I think it if that makes sense lol

I was the same with Blue Bayou, I know a Bayou is sort of said a bit like Bi-ooo but when I thought it I would think Bay-oh

Bec Ross said...

Funny how we can think one way in our head but say it the right way out loud...

Thanks for the comment!

Bec.

Wendy said...

Definitely ba-ha Bec :o)

Robyn said...

I would say ba-ha too! A gorgeous card though Bec however you say it!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Beautiful card!
I agree with ba-ha.. at least that's how we say it in the US.