Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thomas for Toby

My son Toby LOVE LOVE LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine and all associated things!!

So for his 3rd birthday this year (which is on Easter Sunday) I have made him Thomas the Tank Engine party invitations. I got some el-cheapo foam-backed rubber stamps from eBay and got to work.

Now, these foam stamps were HORRIBLE to work with - absoloutely horrid! I didn't realise how great our Stampin' Up stamps are until I went back to cheap stamps! The image is not very deeply etched and is not trimmed nice and close so it was hard not to get those awful ink shadows around the image. It was also really had to stamp it evenly without patchy bits missing. Ugh.


I stamped the main image in Staz-On onto Whisper White. I coloured him in with a combination of markers and inkpads with an aquapainter. I used Ballet Blue, Real Red, YoYo Yellow and Going Grey. Ballet Blue was the closest we have to a Thomas Blue.

Colouring 15 of these darn things was quite a pain by the end of it all! LOL!

I stamped the same Thomas stamp as a background witht he Ballet Blue ink onto the matching Ballet Blue cardstock.

The "You're Invited" comes from the "Cheers and Wishes" stamp set.

No comments: